Kids and chickens can agree on this: Jell-O’s fun to eat.
|Photo © Keller + Keller Photography, excerpted from A Kid’s Guide to Keeping Chickens. All rights reserved.|
Jell-O Summer Party TreatWho doesn’t love Jell-O on a summer day? Well, chickens are no exception. They’ll gobble up this easy-to-make treat filled with protein and goodies that you add just for them. Have fun experimenting to see what your flock likes best!
4 packets unflavored gelatin
½ cup apple juice
1 cup cold water
2½ cups boiling water
Chopped hard-boiled eggs
Fruit and vegetable peels
- Spread the mix-ins into a square cake pan (a silicone one releases the mixture easily).
- Combine the gelatin, apple juice, and cold water in a bowl.
- Carefully add the boiling water. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour the liquid over the mix-ins and mix well.
- Put the dish in the refrigerator to set for 3 hours.
- Cut into pieces before serving to your flock.