Fleece and fiber, fire, and ferments! Our authors are on the road for fall events. Here’s where you’ll find them for the next two weeks.
|Fermented Vegetables authors Kirsten and Christopher Shockey spoke to a standing-room only crowd at Seattle’s Book Larder. They continue their tour in October. Photos by Jakob Shockey.|
- Boston, MA: Priya Krishna (Ultimate Dining Hall Hacks) stops by Northeastern University for a demo and book signing, 12–1pm.
Thursday, October 9
- Boston, MA: Priya Krishna (Ultimate Dining Hall Hacks) visits Trident Booksellers and Café for an interactive cooking demo, 7–8pm.
- Ashland, OR: Kirsten Shockey (Fermented Vegetables) brings samples for tasting and signs books at the Ashland Food Co–Op, 4pm.
Friday, October 10
- Brooklyn, NY: Paula Marcoux (Cooking with Fire) teaches a class called Baking Bread: A Look at Colonial Oven Archaeology at Brooklyn Brainery, 6:30–7:30pm ($5 fee).
Saturday, October 11
- Brooklyn, NY: Paula Marcoux (Cooking with Fire) demonstrates the art of wood-fired baking at Old Stone House. Check website for details.
- Richmond, CA: Laura Allen, author of The Waterwise Home (forthcoming), teaches a greywater design and installation workshop from 10am–12:30pm at the Urban Farmer Store. Sliding scale $15–$40, registration required.
Tuesday, October 14
- Ashland, OR: Kirsten and Christopher Shockey (Fermented Vegetables) teach a class on using fermented foods as an ingredient in cooking at the Ashland Food Co–Op, 6:30–9pm. $30 to register, limited spaces available.
Thursday, October 16
- Hood River, OR: Kirsten and Christopher Shockey sign copies of Fermented Vegetables at the Hood River Farmers Market, 4–7pm.
Friday, October 17
- Glassboro, NJ: Priya Krishna (Ultimate Dining Hall Hacks) visits Rowan University.
Saturday, October 18
- Rhinebeck, NY: Storey authors sign books at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival! Meet Margaret Radcliffe (The Knowledgeable Knitter) from 9am–2pm, Edie Eckman (Christmas Crochet) from 9am–5pm, Beth Smith (The Spinner’s Book of Fleece) from 12–1pm, Judith Durant (Lace One-Skein Wonders) from 12–1pm, Leslie Ann Bestor (How to Knit) from 1–5pm, and Sara Delaney (How to Crochet) from 1–5pm.
- York, ME: John Holl (The American Craft Beer Cookbook) hosts A Complete Beer Dinner with Beer Pairings at Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School, $60.
- Cohasset, MA: Stop by Buttonwood Books and Toys for an outdoor grilling demonstration with Paula Marcoux (Cooking with Fire) and Lauren Clark, author of Crafty Bastards, 4pm.
- The Dalles, OR: Kirsten and Christpher Shockey (Fermented Vegetables) are part of the Northwest Author Festival lineup at Klindt’s Booksellers, 2–5pm.
Sunday, October 19
- York, ME: John Holl (The American Craft Beer Cookbook) hosts a killer beer brunch class at Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School, 11:30am–1pm, $55.
- Rhinebeck, NY: Signings continue at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. On Sunday, meet Storey authors Alethea Morrison and Mars Vilaubi (Homegrown Honey Bees) from 10am–3pm, Judith Durant (Lace One-Skein Wonders) from 12–1pm, Beth Smith (The Spinner’s Book of Fleece) from 12–1pm, and Lew Bryson (Tasting Whiskey) from 1–4pm.
Tuesday, October 21:
- Fairfield, CT: John Holl (The American Craft Beer Cookbook) delivers a lecture at the Fairfield Public Library, 7pm.