Our authors are out and about, celebrating sustainable food, beer, flip, and the arrival of new books. Here’s where you can find them over the next two weeks.
|Kirsten and Christopher Shockey hit the road with their new book, Fermented Vegetables|
Wednesday, September 24
- Portland, OR: Kirsten and Christopher Shockey (Fermented Vegetables) visit Powell’s City of Books at 7:30pm for a demo and book signing.
Thursday, September 25
- Seattle, WA: Kirsten and Christopher Shockey travel to Seattle for an author talk at Book Larder at 6:30pm (free event; RSVP requested).
Friday, September 26
- Plymouth, MA: Paula Marcoux (Cooking with Fire) will be at The Old Fort House Flip Fest, talking wood-fired cooking and making flip! Cover charge $5
- Blacksburg, VA: Margaret Radcliffe celebrates the release of her new book, The Knowledgeable Knitter, at a launch party hosted by New River Fiber, 5pm to 7pm.
|Join Margaret Radcliffe at a book launch for The Knowledgeable Knitter|
Saturday, September 27
- Halethorpe, MD: John Holl (The American Craft Beer Cookbook) will be signing books at Heavy Seas Beer from 12pm to 6pm.
- Milton, MA and Hingham, MA: Paula Marcoux chats about wood-fired cooking and signs copies of Cooking with Fire at Fruit Center Marketplace in Milton from 12pm to 1pm, and in Hingham from 3pm to 4pm.
|Sunday, September 28: John Holl hits the Lititz Craft Beer Fest|
Sunday, September 28
- Boulder, CO: Adam Danforth (Butchering Poultry, Rabbit, Lamb, Goat, and Pork and Butchering Beef) delivers a hands-on break-out session on the science of meat flavor at the Chefs Collaborative 6th Annual Sustainable Food Summit: Moving Mountains, Scaling Change (September 28–30).
- Lititz, PA: John Holl signs copies of The American Craft Beer Cookbook at the Lititz Craft Beer Fest, 12:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Corvallis, OR: Kirsten and Christopher Shockey lead a workshop and sign copies of Fermented Vegetables at Grass Roots Books and Music, 3pm.
Thursday, October 2
- Denver, CO: John Holl (The American Craft Beer Cookbook), Patrick Dawson (Vintage Beer), Randy Mosher (Tasting Beer and the forthcoming Beer for All Seasons) sign books throughout the weekend at the Great American Beer Festival.
Friday, October 3
- Reedsburg, WI: Kirsten Shockey (Fermented Vegetables) is a featured speaker and will be teaching at the Reedsburg Fermentation Fest (October 3–5). If you’re headed to Reedsburg, there’s still space in Kirsten’s classes: Get Crocking on a Small Scale (Saturday, October 4, 10am–12pm) and Cooking with Ferments (Sunday, October 5, 11am–12:30pm). Register today!
Saturday, October 4
- Charlottesville, VA: Margaret Radcliffe signs copies of her new book, The Knowledgeable Knitter, at New Dominion Bookshop, 11am.