Photo © Sabra Krock
Impress your guests and your tastebuds with this simply delicious summer salad!
Seashell Lobster Pasta Salad with Lemon Dill Cream4 servings
Seashell pasta is the perfect shape for a lobster pasta salad. Not only are the shells reminiscent of the ocean, but they’re also ideal for catching plenty of the lemon-dill cream.
Cream3/4 cup mayonnaise1 tablespoon Dijon mustard2 teaspoons grated lemon zest1 tablespoon lemon juiceSalt and freshly ground black pepper1½ tablespoons chopped fresh dillSalad and Garnishes10 ounces small or medium pasta shells1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped3/4 cup thinly sliced celery½ cup chopped red onion1½ cups chopped cooked lobster meat (7–8 ounces) (see Note)Salt and freshly ground black pepperAbout 6 lettuce leaves for lining platter1 tomato, cut into wedges4 thin lemon slicesFresh dill sprigs for garnishNote: Cook one 1½-pound hard-shell lobster or two 1-pound soft-shells and remove the meat, or purchase picked-out meat.Directions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- To make the lemon-dill cream, whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the dill. (Can be prepared up to 24 hours ahead.)
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until it's al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain into a colander, rinse under cold water, and drain well.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the bell pepper, celery, onion, and lobster meat. Drizzle most of the dressing over the pasta, and toss until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the salad is dry, add the remaining dressing. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (Can be prepared up to 12 hours ahead.)
- To serve, line a platter with lettuce, spoon the salad into the center, and garnish with the tomato, lemon slices, and dill sprigs.Excerpted from Lobster! © 2012 by Brooke Dojny. All rights reserved.