Storey Publishing is a sponsor at the Mother Earth News Fair. In return for our sponsorship, Mother Earth News has provided us with tickets to give away to our readers.
The fair will be held on June 4 and 5 at the Puyallup Fairgrounds in Puyallup, Washington. Each ticket is good for one adult general admission for one day, June 4 or June 5, 2011.
What is the fair about?
The MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR represents all that Mother Earth News magazine promotes.
The magazine has been helping folks live self-reliant, sustainable, meaningful lives for more than 40 years. With an audience of more than 3 million readers worldwide, it is the largest and longest-running environmental lifestyle magazine on the planet.
BRINGING THE MAGAZINE TO LIFE!
The MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIRS (there are more than just one) are fun-filled, family-oriented, sustainable-lifestyle events that feature dozens of practical, hands-on demonstrations and workshops from the leading authorities on Renewable Energy, Small-Scale Agriculture, Gardening, Green Building, Green Transportation and Natural Health.
In between sessions attendees enjoy an array of entertainment options and organic local food and beverages, as well as outdoor gardening and livestock demonstrations. Also, save on great deals from dozens of regional and national vendors featuring sustainable-lifestyle products and services, including books, tools, seeds, crafts, organic foods, clothes, solar gadgets, and more!
Many of Storey's authors will be there giving demonstrations*:
- Ann Larkin Hansen, author of The Organic Farming Manual
- Sherri Brooks Vinton, author of Put ’em Up!
- Eric Mader, assistant pollinator program director at the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation, on Attracting Native Pollinators
- Carol Ekarius author of The Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook; Storey’s Illustrated Guide to Poultry Breeds; Storey’s Guide to Raising Sheep; How to Build Animal Housing; Storey’s Illustrated Breed Guide to Sheep, Goats, Cattle, and Pigs; Pocketful of Poultry; and Small-Scale Livestock Farming
To enter to win the giveaway:
- Comment to this post. Tell us what you are doing to live a more self-sufficient life.
- Be able to go to the fair**: winners must be available and able to attend the fair on June 4 or June 5, 2011.
- Provide your own transportation: all winners are responsible for their transportation to and from the fair.
Several winners will be chosen at random. We will announce the winners on InsideStorey.blogspot.com on May 20, 2011. You must claim your prize by May 26, 2011, by e-mailing your name, phone number, and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will mail the winning tickets to arrive no later than June 1, 2011.
Good luck — we hope to see you at the fair!